Are you getting the recommended dose of 25 grams a day? Read this article and you will easily meet this fiber goal!
1. Lentils – one cup contains 15.6 grams of fiber. They are super- rich- fiber food and a good source of protein, vitamin B, iron and other minerals
2. Black beans– one cup contains 15 grams of fiber. They are also rich in flavonoids, a powerful antioxidant plant pigment.
3. Artichoke- one medium- sized, boiled artichoke contains about 10.3 grams of fiber, and you will get 7.2 grams of fiber from the artichoke hearts. An artichoke is also rich in silymarin, an antioxidant that can improve liver health.
4. Peas- one cup of split peas contains 16.3 grams of fiber, frozen peas contains 8.8 grams per cup. They are tasty and inexpensive fiber source to always have on hand.
5. Chia seeds– one tablespoon of chia seeds contains 6 grams of fiber which is about a third of your daily fiber needs.
6. Broccoli– one cup of boiled broccoli contains about 5 grams of fiber. Besides, broccoli is rich in beta carotene and vitamin C. It is also well known for its cancer- preventing properties.
7. Avocados- one medium avocado contains between 10 and 13 grams of fiber. There are various types of avocados. Choose the one you prefer. An avocado is a great choice of mono- and polyunsaturated fats that can help lower cholesterol and reduce heart- disease risk and a great source of vitamin C and potassium.
8. Raspberries– one cup of raw raspberries contains about 8 grams of fiber. They are loaded with vitamin C, potassium and powerful diseases- fighting antioxidants.
9. Pears- one medium pear contains 4.5 grams of fiber. You should leave the skin unpeeled in order to obtain the maximum fiber content. Pears are very good source of vitamin K, vitamin C and copper.
10. Apples– a medium unpeeled apple contains 3 to 5 grams of fiber. Leave the skin unpeeled to maximize the fiber content. An apple is a good source of protein, vitamin C, healthy fats and magnesium.
11. Figs- one fig contains about 2 grams of fiber. Figs are rich in vitamin B6, potassium copper and manganese.