As we grow older we become wiser with the lessons life taught us. This process leads to a point when every single one of us has many things to tell and advice the younger self. Although there is no point in constantly looking back and rethinking, when you see how many things you would have told yourself, you will realize how much you have achieved and how much you evolved in your life.
Take a piece of paper and write down what would you tell the younger you. It might be also a good exercise for self-esteem.
Things I would like to tell my younger self:
1. Many things in your life depend on your self-confidence. If you don’t believe in yourself, no one else will. Never underestimate yourself.
2. Be happy by just focusing on how you feel about your life, not on how it looks to the others. Life is too short to waste time waiting for other people’s approval on how you live it.
3. Explain your anger, don’t express it, and you will immediately open the door to solutions instead of arguments.
4. Don’t be afraid to make mistakes, they are inevitable in everyone’s life. All the adversity you’ll have in your life, all the troubles and obstacles will strengthen you. It is important to stand up on your feet and learn your lessons.
5. Never chase love, affection or attention. If it isn’t given freely by another person, it isn’t worth having.
6. Sometimes the best way to fix a problem is to stop paying so much attention.
7. Friends are important in our lives. But choose them wisely; life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you.
8. Everything in your life is a reflection of a choice you have made. If you want different results, make different decisions.
9. Ask yourself if what you are doing today is getting you closer to where you want to be tomorrow.
10. Forget trends, go for the classics.
11. Find time for traveling.
12. Stop wasting your time on needles things. Life is beautiful, indulge and enjoy.
13. Often people have opposite opinion of yours. Learn to listen to and respect those opinions.
14. Condoms, condoms, condoms.
15. Take care of your body. Eat healthy and be active.
16. Treat everyone you meet like you want to be treated.
17. Don’t hurt those you love and those who love you.
18. Stop blaming others. Take responsibility for every area of your life.
19. Hard work makes the success inevitable. Dreams don’t work unless you do!
20. Persistence, persistence, persistence.
21. Focus on making small, continuous improvements.
22. Spend time with motivational people.
23. Strike a balance between saving and experiencing.
Now I’d like to hear from you. What would you tell to your younger self? Write in comments bellow. Your tips may be exactly what someone else needs to hear.
Let’s start the discussion!!!