The gums are very delicate part of our mouth; they can be easily irritated, become red and bleed when you brush them. They may give pain when eating and drinking.
These problems are result of improper oral hygiene, eating unhealthy, and being under stress for a longer period, among others.
If you recognize the problem from the very beginning you can solve it with the aid of natural remedies )the pain may decrease or decrease or disappear), but you should also go and consult your dentist in order to understand the real reason of the problem.
Here are the natural cures that can help you cure gum disease:
1. The soothing properties of chamomile make this herb useful to reduce gums pain. So prepare a chamomile tea, and instead of drinking it, use it to gargle as if it was a mouthwash. Chamomile will not only relief sore gums, but also prevent bacterial infection and reduce potential swelling.
2. Other herbs that are useful to reduce the toothache are the parsley leafs, basil and cloves– it’s best to chew them in order to cure your gums.
3. Also, you can rub a clove of garlic on your gums, but you need to be careful, if they are heavily irritated it’s best to rub them very slowly, otherwise the rubbing can lead to even stronger irritation and therefore may have undisirable effect.
4. One of the most well-known traditional remedies is the decoction made from sage leaves, for which you will need:
- 1 liter of water
- 50 grams of fresh sage leaves
Boil for a few minutes the water with sage, let it cool, then filter it and use it to gargle throughout the day.
5. An easy way for oral cavity disinfectant action is to rinse your mouth with water with salt. You will need a bit ‘of warm water (the amount equal to one glass) put a pinch of salt in it and use it to rinse your mouth twice a day, in the morning and in the evening, so as to improve blood circulation and reduce the irritation and swelling.
6. In the presence of gum disease it’s good to eat more vegetables and fruits, such as apples, pears and melons that can help to stop the bleeding.
7. You can also make massages directly on the gums using sesame oil, which is a natural anti-inflammatory, or coconut oil, which is antibacterial, or clove oil which is slightly anesthetic.
8. Another beneficial massage can be done by applying aloe vera gel, this will certainly help, especially if there is swelling.
9. One last natural remedy to try: in half cup of water add half a teaspoon of echinacea extract and you will get an antibacterial mouthwash.
Nobody wants to have irritated gums but it can happen to anyone, thus it’s good to know the remedies that can help in this kind of situation!